Working at NOCP
At NOCP, we are looking for staff who go above and beyond for our students both academically and outside the traditional classroom role. We believe it is imperative that our students not only make significant academic progress, but also that they learn the skills necessary to navigate life’s challenges.
We believe that our team is the single biggest factor in whether or not our students are successful in meeting their goals. With that in mind, NOCP has a rigorous application process for all positions, focused both on job specific skills and alignment to our organization’s culture. A typical job application process includes the following:
- Online Application & Resume Review
- 30 minute phone interview
- Initial reference checks
- A performance task designed to simulate the day to day work the applicant would be doing. This means:
- All teachers teach at least one sample lesson to a class of NOCP students.
- Applicants for leadership positions engage in simulated conversations and coaching sessions.
- All non-instructional positions have a position specific performance task
- Focused interview with the team. Applicants at NOCP interview not only with the school leader, but with a variety of members of the school leadership team and teaching staff. It is vital that each new team member engages with our current team so that both our team and the candidate are able to ensure the candidate is wholly aligned to the mission and vision of our schools.
- Additional reference check